Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
We've all heard the phrase, "putting your best foot forward." But, shouldn't your smile be your very best as well? At Blue Ridge Dental in Mount Airy, NC. cosmetic dentistry services improve the appearance of teeth and gums. Versatile and creative, the treatments provided by Dr. G. Bennett Smith and Dr. Lynette Smith make smile dreams come true, whether you want just a little change or a full smile makeover.
What your dentist considers
During a cosmetic dentistry consultation at Blue Ridge Dental in Mount Airy, Dr. Smith will consider many factors that influence your smile appearance. The first is your overall oral health. Any problems revealed during the exam and X-ray imaging must be addressed first.
Those being corrected, you and your dentist can look at how your smile may change so you look and feel your best. Think about these elements:
- How much gum tissue shows when you smile?
- What shape are your teeth, and do you like the shape?
- Are you incisors too pointed? Do you have crowded, gapped, tipped or crooked teeth?
- Are some teeth chipped, discolored or even missing?
Dr. Smith will give you input, too, suggesting treatments to correct your perceived and creating a natural look appropriate for your face, age, gender, smile longevity and oral health. These considerations are what the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) calls responsible aesthetics.
Our offered treatments
Your care plan may contain one, some or maybe several of the following services--all performed at our office in Mount Airy. They include:
- Composite resin bonding which repairs a variety of small defects with a durable putty which is shaped and cured to a natural and long-lasting finish.
- Professional teeth whitening, available as a take-home or in-office service which brightens stained enamel by as many as eight shades without any painful gingival or dental sensitivity.
- Dental implants, the premier tooth replacements which fill smile gaps from roots to crown and improve jaw bone and gum tissue quality and quantity.
- Porcelain crowns, realistic jackets of high-grade ceramic, custom-designed to protect and beautify a failing or misshapen tooth.
- Porcelain veneers, super-thin laminates which camouflage defects such as mild crowding, pits, cracks, dark stains and more.
- Inlays and onlays, or partial crowns, to treat decay or replace large fillings with bonded on porcelain to strengthen the chewing surfaces of large back teeth.
- Contouring removes minuscule amounts of tooth enamel to smooth rough edges, even tooth shape and create a polished, but natural, smile appearance.
Put that best smile forward with the help of Dr. G. Bennett Smith and Dr. Lynette Smith at Blue Ridge Dental in Mount Airy, NC. Their cosmetic dentistry services transform smiles and personal confidence. Call us for your in-office consultation: (336) 789-5306.
A white smile is a healthy smile, but it's not always achievable on your own. Stubborn discolorations develop daily from dark beverages like coffee, wine, and tea. They can also result from specific foods, poor oral hygiene, tobacco use, and prescription medications. To remove these stains, our Mount Airy, NC, dentist may recommend professional teeth whitening to safely and efficiently rejuvenate your smile. At Blue Ridge Dental, Dr. Lynette Smith and Dr. G. Smith encourage patients to consider this method before purchasing over-the-counter strips. Schedule a consultation in our Mount Airy, NC, office today.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
This cosmetic dental service is most beneficial for removing persistent stains and brightening your smile. It's also a popular choice for our Mount Airy, NC, dental patients because it helps:
- Improve oral and immune health
- Causes fewer bouts of embarrassment
- Enhances confidence and self-esteem
- Encourages you to show off your smile
Professional teeth whitening also offers safer and more comfortable treatment, in addition to speed and reliability.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
At Blue Ridge Dental, our Mount Airy, NC, dentist offers two different types of professional whitening methods. You can choose to complete the procedure in our office or the comfort of your home. The in-office procedure provides the quickest results and uses a powerful bleaching-agent to enhance the color of the enamel. During a session, you'll sit in a chair while a retractor device holds your mouth open. Hydrogen gel sits on the teeth for one hour as you relax. For at-home whitening, you'll use the same gel and apply it to custom trays created for your mouth only.
If you are frustrated by discolorations that aren't disappearing with rigorous brushing and flossing, consult with our dentist to discover if you are a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Dr. Lynette Smith and Dr. G. Smith stay alongside the latest trends in the industry to deliver thorough treatment to patients. For more information about professional teeth whitening and other services provided in our Mount Airy, NC, office, visit our website. To schedule an appointment at Blue Ridge Dental, please call (336) 789-5306.
Are you struggling with tooth loss? If you have missing teeth from periodontitis or acquiring damage from trauma or injury, visit your dentists here at Blue Ridge Dental in Mount Airy, NC, are here to help. Read on to learn how Dr. Lynette L. Smith, DDS, and Dr. G. Bennett Smith, DDS, PA, can rebuild your smile with dental implants!
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are designed to replace missing teeth in a way that looks and feels as natural as possible. A dental implant consists of three parts: a crown, a connector, and a base. Each of these parts has its own function, but the base resembles a screw that provides a solid foundation for the connector to support the dental crown.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have many advantages, and the following only name a few. Consider that this restorative dental option provides:
- Improved oral health
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Increase in oral comfort
- Easier eating and speaking
What Can I Expect From the Procedure?
The process of placing a dental implant takes a few months because it involves the smile design process, surgical implantation, and healing time. If your Mount Airy, NC, dentist, approves you for the dental implant procedure, they will provide you with as much information as possible every step of the way. The method requires surgically placing the implant, where it will integrate into the jaw for three to six months. The doctor will then add a post that serves as an anchor for a dental crown that functions the same way as a natural tooth.
If you are considering dental implants, visit your Mount Airy, NC, dentist for a consultation. They can discuss the procedure in-depth, answer any questions, and address concerns that you may have.
For more information about dental implants or any of the other services that we provide, visit our website. For appointment scheduling, please call our Mount Airy office by dialing (336) 789-5306.